Monday, June 2, 2014

Thing 23. I have seen the light

First, thank you. This was well designed, interesting and extremely educational. I learned so much. I was using the iPad just for the internet and reading books before I started 23 Things. As I often stated in my blog I am not too interested in sharing:) I don't post  on Facebook or Twitter. But, I can see how popular it is with so many people and I believe strongly that libraries need to stay current.

I think libraries should post on their Facebook page information about events and new books. Maybe, we could have an incentive for people to "like" us on Facebbook or follow us on Twitter. Since people are spending so much time on social sites we should have a presence there also. We could Instagram pictures of activities and programs.

How about making an Infographic about teen fantasy book (if you liked Divergent then...)?

How about sponsoring a online book club?

I don't think that I have new ideas, But I do think that 23 Things made it clear to me that there is a wide world of communication that libraries need to be involved in. When I visit Facebook I often see posts that someone likes a product or company. I have never seen that someone likes their library.
It is time. It's overdue.

Again, thank you. I would definitely do another round of 23 Things. I learned how to really utilize my iPad.  I can make notes, listen to books, find free books and listen to lectures. I might even give a life.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there....it is great to see you have crossed the finish line. I like the clean, easy-to-read look of your blog too. Please look at others who have completed at least 10 Things and help me encourage them to keep going. I hereby dub you a 23 Mobile Things Rockstar!