Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thing 35 - Books 2.0

I have faith in the future of the printed book. I have no quarrel with ebooks etc., and I think the new media has advantages. But there are enough people who love the feel, the freedom, and the convenience of a printed book in the hand that there will be a need for books in the future. In the school library, reading is still strong. I give credit to Harry Potter.
I loved many of the Book 2.0 sites. I think discussing with, reading and interacting with other readers, is a positive for the future of reading and books. I use Shelfari for my books list for the students. I also linked Shelfari to my facebook page. Parents have commented that they checked my Shelfari often during the summer for suggested good reads. I had fun with BookStumpers, I enjoyed reading the solved mysteries. "What's Next" did not work for me, I entered the Ranger's Apprentice series and the Percy Jackson series - no information. BookGutton is great, I plan to visit it more in the summer. I also, have resolved to release at least two books on vacation. For a book lover, Book 2.0 is fantastic. I hope to explore more this summer.

No comments: