Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thing 2 or I Never Knew



This was fun and a little embarrassing. I have had my iPad for over a year and I have really done very little exploring. I use it for email, the internet and reading books. I have paid very little attention to all of the other features. It was helpful to watch the video on the OS 7 update.

 On occasion I would accidentally pull up a gray area from the bottom of the screen, as well as from the top of the screen, I would quickly exit. I now realize that the control panel from the bottom is a real time saver and I am thrilled that I can control the brightness of the screen. The top section is a notification center. I added a weather app and entered info on the calendar and now I can quickly see my appointments and local weather.

I had no idea I could simply double click the home button and move from one app to another. While these tips are simple time savers they are fun. The best tip I learned was how to take a screen shot. I had more than once wished that I could but never bothered to investigate how. I know I have under utilized my iPad and I am eager to learn more.

No comments: