Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thing 13 Online Productivity Tools

This was very fun and interesting and extremely unproductive for me. I can see the value of the calendars, home pages etc. but to really utilize these tools I would have to have the home page and calendars right in front of me during the day. I am not at the computer all day. I created a Google home page because I had already so many accounts with Google. I added the RSS and my Google Docs right on the page. BUT, then I played tetris, checked the weather, read the news, watched the latest at Youtube, and added a few other time wasting but oh so fun gadgets. I made lists of lists and made everyone I know read them. I looked at Backpack but I think that while I am interested I will have to do it this summer. The clock is ticking. This Thing is very seductive. I plan to explore the idea of the students creating Google home pages with information and gadgets that would be useful to them (word of the day or calendar) I would have to monitor it carefully. Experience has taught me that Tetris is the black hole of time.

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

You are absolutely right in your assessment, and smart to realize that if not careful, some of these toys (sorry, tools) could eat up your time entirely. I really do find my I Google page to be one of the better time managers I have begun using. Everything where I need it, and yes, I am at my computer all day....

Patricia-
CMLE