Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 17. ELM Productivity Tools

Well, blow me over! I have been using ELM databases with the students for years and I had no idea of the amazing tools that it has to offer. It is my fault for not attending a workshop. I will now. I am sure I will be receiving more information than I need about youth smoking in my Google Reader, but I am excited to use the RSS feed for other subjects. The web page with EBSCO took me quite awhile to complete, but I liked it so much I made two for student research projects that we will be starting soon. I had not used ProQuest before. I found it easy to create a "web page" and I can see how it would be useful for the teachers for their own research. NetLibrary was fun and very simple. We are very lucky to have this resource. This will be one of the most productive Things for me.

No comments: