Sunday, March 16, 2014

Thing 5 Notetaking





This is my test of Dragon Dictation. It looks easy and it is easy, but I find that it's hard to think and speak at the same time it's much easier for me to think by writing. It was fun and I can think of  times when it would be very useful. I am not used to dictating so I had many pauses and deletions.  I also dictated my list of things to do this week and pasted into my notes.

It was easy to copy and paste. I would think as I used it more I would remember to add punctuation and be more fluent. Dragon Dictation transcribed my dictation perfectly. Since I am a paper and pen person, I don't think I will use this app often.



I tried out Bamboo Paper. I found it very basic and easy to use. In the past, if I wanted to keep notes or save a document  I would copy it and paste it into the Notes app on my iPad. I could print from there or just keep a record. Bamboo Paper is like paper and pen. I could not find a way to copy or paste. Pages on Bamboo can be sent to email, print or some other app. In my quest to find ways to make Bamboo more useful to me I was seduced into the world of Ever Note. That dark and mysterious world led me to waste much time and still not be able to achieve a simple document.  I have retreated back to Bamboo Paper and Notes.

No comments: