Friday, May 16, 2014

14. Videos


I tried out Vine and took a short video of my daffodils in the garden. It was very simple and fun. I was not interested in most of the clips shared. I know I sound like an old crank but even six seconds is enough of someone doing the hula hoop. I am bewildered at the number of people who want to share every little moment with others. First Twitter with every ill considered thought, then Instagram with "selfies" and now videos of  performances, guess everyone will have their 15 minutes of fame.


Magistro was easy to use. I used the free version, so the length and tools were limited. I was not that impressed with the functions. But maybe, if I used the full version I would have liked it more. 

I can think of some uses of both apps in the library, especially with teens. Videos of teen activities or promotional videos of books or programs could appeal to patrons. I still wonder if the library is followed by teens (or anyone) on Facebook, but I could be wrong and perhaps it is a matter of  advertising and promotion.

No comments: