Thursday, May 29, 2014

18. Education



This Thing is my kind of thing. It was the first time that I had too many choices. I plan to revisit and try more of the apps.

Google Earth is fun. I have the app on my computer but never thought of it on my IPad. I tend to play with it, looking up foreign places mentioned in the news. But I think it is a great educational tool.

I had heard of Ted but never tried it. I listened to a couple of motivational talks that I found interesting and very well presented.  There are a variety of topics and it is is easy to use the tag button to find areas of interest. Of course, I checked out the Library tag.

I also downloaded Khan.Academy. I listened to a great lecture titled the Pattern of  US Cold War Intervention. I found a wide assortment of topics that I would like to listen to. I appreciate that the lectures are short and some of them have great visuals.

No comments: